Meridian School District Vision
Each student will succeed through quality, inspirational and innovative education.
Meridian School District Purpose
The Meridian School District works in partnership with our families and our community to educate each student in a safe and supportive learning environment to become a positive contributor to society.
MERIDIAN SCHOOL DISTRICT
(Evacuation signal: Use normal fire drill procedures.
Do not announce that the evacuation is due to a bomb threat.)
- If a threat happens over the telephone:
If threat happens over email:
- Listen and attempt to transfer the call to the building principal. Do not attempt transfer of the caller threatens to hang up, if you are likely to lose the caller, or if the transfer is not practical. Don not interrupt the caller.
- Activate Caller I.D. if available.
- If you do not transfer, remain calm and observant. If possible, alert the building principal or designee while the caller is on line.
- Write down as much of the message as possible (exact wording). Refer to the Bomb Threat Information Sheet in the "Quick Response" Crisis Management Folder (A Step by Step Guide to Crisis Management).
- Note if the caller mentioned any type of bomb or time that the bomb might go off.
- Record the time the call was received and itís duration.
If threat happens through a note:
- Print out message and give to principal or designee.
- Be sure to not alter the message in any way.
- Follow procedures listed below.
Follow normal evacuation procedure.
- Keep the note in the same condition in which you received it. Do not alter it in any way.
- Hand note to the principal or designee.
If necessary/appropriate, refer to Crisis Management Checklist for other steps.
- Teachers (and student leaders) go to your evacuation location.
- Teachers take attendance. Attempt to account for any missing students.
- Students are not to be released from the area unless authorized by the principal or designee.
- Remain in evacuation location until administrators provide further information or directions.
- Room-to-room search is conducted by police and firefighters.
The mission of the Meridian Public Schools is to meet the diverse educational needs
of all learners so they can become ethical, competent and productive contributors to
a democratic society in an ever changing world.