The Meridian School District works in partnership with our families and our community to educate each student in a safe and supportive learning environment to become a positive contributor to society.
On November 9, 2010 the final version of the new National Educational Technology Plan was released by the Department of Education. ESchool News reported, “the new National Educational Technology Plan includes a focus on individualized instruction and connectivity”.
The final version outlines five goals:
(1) using educational technology to fundamentally change the learning process by making it more engaging and tailored to individual student needs and interests;
(2) using ed tech to develop a new generation of assessments;
(3) connecting teachers with their peers and experts so they are always up-to-date on the resources available to them;
(4) building infrastructure that lets schools support access to technology in and out of the classroom; and
(5) Harnessing the power of educational technology to increase school district productivity and student achievement.
The full plan and executive summary can be viewed by visiting: http://www.ed.gov/technology/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the Leadership Team.
President-Elect, ISTE SIGTC
Bryan O'Black, MSEd
Director of Technology & Assessment
Phone: 412-492-1200 ext. 2825