The Meridian School District works in partnership with our families and our community to educate each student in a safe and supportive learning environment to become a positive contributor to society.
SCHOOL WIDE TITLE
SCHOOLWIDE TITLE 1 READING SUPPORT
Irene Reither Primary School is a Schoolwide Title I building. All children and staff at Irene Reither Primary School are considered Schoolwide Title I students and teachers.
Description – Children working in the Schoolwide Title I Reading Program are working on specific skills in the area of reading. This reading support occurs in addition to classroom reading instruction. Schoolwide Title I instruction focuses on areas of weakness that have been identified through classroom based reading screenings.
Skill areas addressed include:
- phonemic awareness (letter identification, letter-sound correspondence and blending skills)
- sight word recognition
- oral reading fluency
The Schoolwide Title I Reading Support Team works collaboratively with classroom teachers to address individual differences with skill acquisition and mastery.
Learning Targets Supported by the Schoolwide Title I Reading Team –
- Each child will achieve their grade level standards in reading
- Each child will achieve their home reading goals
- Each child will achieve their STAR reading goals
- Each child will develop a life-long joy of reading and learning
SCHOOLWIDE TITLE 1 MATH SUPPORT
Schoolwide Title Math enhances students’ understanding of math concepts/skills which have been taught in their classrooms.
- work in a small group environment
- work on specific concepts/skills to which they need additional exposure.
The support activities can include:
- target interventions for math
- on-going review/practice of skills not yet mastered by students or,
- pre-teaching of math concepts that will support student participation in whole group instructional activities.