The Meridian School District works in partnership with our families and our community to educate each student in a safe and supportive learning environment to become a positive contributor to society.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2013
This is an important time for you and your kindergartner. As you prepare for your child's entry into school, here is some informative reading for you:
- Kindergarten Readiness ~ Ideas to help prepare your child for a successful start to their kindergarten year.
- Is Your Child Ready for School or Como Determinar si su Nino esta Preparado para Comenzar la Escuela.
- Important Milestones by the End of 5 Years or Hoja informativa de indicadores importantes en el desarrollo a los 60 meses
WELCOME TO IRENE REITHER PRIMARY SCHOOL
September 3rd - 5th, 2013, your child will be screened using an assessment created by our early childhood team. This assessment consists of 3 parts: motor skills, concepts, and language. There will also be a vision and hearing screening. This process could take up to 60 minutes. Following the assessment, a member of our early childhood team will meet with you. We will register you for a screening appointment when you complete your registration materials (available on line or at the school office).
IMMUNIZATION RECORD (Spanish) (Russian) (Punjabi)
HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY (Spanish) (Russian)
You may pick up paper copies of all forms at the school office if preferred. Please bring the completed forms with you to registration:
Kindergarten Screening Parent Questionnaire
Health History Form
Home Language Survey
*Students must be 5 by August 31st 2013 to attend Kindergarten in the 2013-14 school year.
Screening appointments will be made when you bring your paperwork to school. Please call 398-2111 if you have any questions.
Tentative Kindergarten sessions for the 2013-14 school year are 2½ days a week as follows:
Monday and Thursday from 9:00-3:30, and Wednesday morning from 9:00-11:45
Tuesday and Friday from 9:00-3:30, and Wednesday afternoon from 12:45-3:30.
Visit our Kindergarten page to see our current class activities and meet the teachers.
The above schedule is subject to change and will be finalized at the end of the kindergarten screening in September. After the screening, a Kindergarten teacher will contact you with your child’s schedule.
Students will be placed following the criteria below:
- Screening Results. The students will be placed using these results in order to create developmentally balanced classrooms. This process contributes to the best kind of learning environment.
- If your family needs one of the schedules listed above due to work or daycare schedules, you may submit your request in writing today at our registration.
- If you feel that your child needs a specific kind of classroom environment, you may submit your request in writing today at our registration.
Students will be placed in classrooms by the members of the Early Childhood Team. During the month of August each family will receive a letter with the following information:
- Immunization Status
- Supply List
- Kindergarten Screening information