On November 9, 2010 the final version of the new National Educational Technology Plan was released by the Department of Education. ESchool News reported, “the new National Educational Technology Plan includes a focus on individualized instruction and connectivity”.
The final version outlines five goals:
(1) using educational technology to fundamentally change the learning process by making it more engaging and tailored to individual student needs and interests;
(2) using ed tech to develop a new generation of assessments;
(3) connecting teachers with their peers and experts so they are always up-to-date on the resources available to them;
(4) building infrastructure that lets schools support access to technology in and out of the classroom; and
(5) Harnessing the power of educational technology to increase school district productivity and student achievement.
The full plan and executive summary can be viewed by visiting: http://www.ed.gov/technology/netp-2010.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the Leadership Team.
President-Elect, ISTE SIGTC
Bryan O'Black, MSEd
Director of Technology & Assessment
Phone: 412-492-1200 ext. 2825