Highest Impacted Students
We are evaluating how the needs of our highest impacted students may be met best in our hybrid model. Students receiving resource support will be served by their resource teacher on days they attend school. Additional time and support may be available at other times based on collaborative decisions made by their IEP team. Related services will also be determined through collaboration between the school team and families.
Our work has been to identify an approach to provide in-person support and interaction while also meeting the health and safety guidelines we are bound to follow. We are aiming to communicate the final model(s) by early August. Please know if there is an opportunity to move our hybrid model to a full in-person at school learning model, we will. We will also be better prepared to move to a full distance learning model if our health partners determine it is necessary.
We need your input on a couple of things. First, please identify your preferred option for each of your children. Second, share your hybrid model preference. Third, it may help if families are able to deliver and pick their students up. Please indicate whether that is possible for each of your children. Thank you.
Please log into Skyward Family Access and register for one of the following four options for your child for the 2020-21 school year as soon as possible. The survey will be available through July 13. Please refer to the information above for specific grade level or further option details. In Skyward you need to make this selection for EACH of your children.
OPTIONS FOR YOUR CHILD FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
- OPTION 1: I plan to send my K-12 student to school in the fall. I’ve reviewed what the hybrid in-school models are for fall and am comfortable with it.
- OPTION 2: I plan to have my K-8 student engage in full-time remote learning in the fall. I understand this means they will be connected to a certificated teacher who helps design a learning plan and supports parents as they deliver instruction. (MP3)
- OPTION 3: I plan to have my 9-12 student engage in the full-time distance learning model. I understand this means my student will be connected to a certificated teacher(s). (MHS)
- OPTION 4: I plan to submit a Declaration of Intent to Homeschool in the fall. I understand this means my student will be withdrawn from the school district, and will not receive district resources.
- OPTION 5: There are too many uncertainties. I cannot commit to a decision about school in the fall at this time.
Skyward Family Access Link
If you have forgotten your password please use the “Forgot Password” option and you will get a reset link at your email on file. If you do not have a current email on file you can contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping us plan for fall. The safety of our students, staff, and families is always our first priority. We will continue to update you as we have more information.
If you wish to homeschool your child, please contact Leslie Pagnossin (360-318-2154) for the Declaration of Intent to Homeschool paperwork. Please be aware that homeschooled students are not enrolled in the Meridian School District and will not receive district tools and supports. Parents should reach out to local homeschool associations to connect with resources.