To collaboratively develop an annual calendar while considering a diversity of voices and preserving the educational programming, professional development, and educational benefits to students and families.
Basis for Establishment:
- The MSD Purpose is to work in partnership with our families and our community to educate each student in a safe and supportive learning environment to become a positive contributor to society. An annual calendar must be developed to provide structure to support our educational programming at each level.
- Align educational support structures, requirements for professional development initiatives, and contract obligations with the Vision, Purpose, and Collective Commitments of the Meridian School District.
- Our purpose is to develop clear parameters for the development of the annual calendar with students’ educational benefit at the core of our decisions.
- Annually, a new calendar must be developed by June 1 to meet the policy requirements of the Meridian School District.
Plan of Work:
- Review MSD Vision, Purpose, and Collective Commitments.
- Review required calendar elements from state law, collective bargaining agreements, educational programming, and professional development commitments.
- Develop the 2021-2022 (and possibly the 2022-2023) annual school calendar.
- Submit draft calendar model(s) to the School Board for approval.
Members: (up to 20 members)
- Dr. James Everett, Chair, Superintendent
- Michelle Noste, IRE Parent
- Bre Ann Gilfillan, IRE & MMS Parent
- Brynn Beatty, IRE Teacher
- Erik Lane, IRE Teacher
- Heather Kvidahl, IRE Teacher
- Laney Brannen, MP3 Teacher
- Brent Clark, MMS Teacher
- Ashon Anderson, MMS Teacher
- Brent Feller, MHS Teacher
- Hallie Whitsell, IRE Instructional Dean
- Michelle Siadal, MP3 Principal
- Todd Torgeson, MMS Principal
- Wednesday, March 17, 4:00 – 5:15 pm (Zoom)
- Wednesday, March 24, 4:00 – 5:15 pm (Zoom)
- Wednesday, March 31, 4:00 – 5:15 pm (Zoom)
- Wednesday, April 14, 4:00 – 5:15 pm (Zoom)
There are no budget implications for the work of this calendar task force.