- Implement administrative policy and procedure 2020.
- Establish and/or update instructional materials screening criteria.
- Identify and eliminate bias in instructional materials.
- Act upon requests for instructional materials approval and removal.
- Act upon citizen/staff requests for reconsideration of instructional materials.
- Communicate and make public all meeting agendas and minutes.
- Make recommendations to the superintendent per policy and procedure.
Basis for Establishment:
- To assure a clear process and procedure for the approval, reconsideration and removal of instruction resources per Policy 2020 and Procedure 2020 and state law (RCW 28A.150.230).
This committee uses rotating, staggered memberships. Three-year, two-year, and one-year memberships will be used so that new members join with those who have experience with the policy and procedure. Vacancies will be filled based on the term-length that was vacated.
Currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- One High School Teacher (three year term)
- One ResourceTeacher or Counselor- (one year term)
- One Parent or Community Member (two year term)
- Primary Teacher: Natalie Eining
- Intermediate Teachers: Lisa Buckley
- Middle School Teacher: Cynthia Richardson
- High school Teachers: Open
- Resource Teacher or Counselor: Open
- School Administrator: Todd Torgeson
- Parent/Community Member: Open
- Chair: Adrienne Somera, Director of Teaching & Learning
Instructional Materials Committee will have three standing meetings per year. Additional meetings may be scheduled to respond to requests to review materials.
Questions: Please contact Adrienne Somera, Director of Teaching and Learning.