- Implement administrative policy and procedure 2020.
- Establish and/or update instructional materials screening criteria.
- Identify and eliminate bias in instructional materials.
- Act upon requests for instructional materials approval and removal.
- Act upon citizen/staff requests for reconsideration of instructional materials.
- Communicate and make public all meeting agendas and minutes.
- Make recommendations to the superintendent per policy and procedure.
Basis for Establishment:
- To assure a clear process and procedure for the approval, reconsideration and removal of instruction resources per policy and procedure 2020 and state law (RCW 28A.150.230).
This committee uses rotating, staggered memberships. Three-year, two-year, and one-year memberships will be used so that new members join with those who have experience with the policy and procedure. Vacancies will be filled based on the term-length that was vacated.
Currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- One Primary Teacher (three year term)
- One Intermediate Teacher (two year term)
- One High School Teacher (three year term)
- One School Administrator (one year term)
- One ResourceTeacher or Counselor- (one year term)
- One Parent or Community Member (two year term)
- Primary Teacher: open
- Intermediate Teachers: Open
- Middle School Teacher: Cynthia Richardson
- High school Teachers: Open
- Resource Teacher or Counselor: Open
- School Administrator: Open
- Parents/Community Members: Open
- Chair: Adrienne Somera, Director of Teaching & Learning
Instructional Materials Committee will have three standing meetings per year. Additional meetings may be scheduled to respond to requests to review materials.
Questions: Please contact Adrienne Somera, Director of Teaching and Learning.