Meridian School District Nurse:
Cheryl Dennis, RN (360) 318-2289 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Meridian School District nurses, we believe healthy children are successful learners. Our goal is to support student success through assessment, intervention and follow-up care for all students. We strive to provide for the safety and well-being of students and staff by integrating health solutions and partnering with parents and health care providers.
- Assessing student health needs
- Implementing Individual Health Plans
- Supervising medications
- Planning for students with life threatening health conditions
- Developing classroom accommodation plans
- Acting as a liaison between families, students, school personnel and the medical community
- Monitors communicable diseases
- Oversees immunization compliance
- Provides state mandated screenings
If your child has a life-threatening condition such as diabetes, anaphylaxis or seizures an Individual Health Plan (IHP) is required prior to school attendance. Physician’s orders and medical forms (linked below) are needed in order for the IHP to be written.
Please contact us if you have concerns related to your child’s health and school.