To collaboratively develop digital/social media use policies and procedures to improve positive online interactions, experiences, and safety for our students, staff, and community.
Basis for Establishment:
- Align digital/social media use with the Vision, Purpose, and Collective Commitments of the Meridian School District.
- Develop clear parameters for digital/social media use.
- Develop procedures for responding to violation of the district’s policies and procedures.
Plan of Work:
- Review MSD Vision, Purpose, and Collective Commitments.
- Review the need to address digital media use.
- Review sample policies and procedures from other districts.
- Develop recommended policies and procedures.
- Share recommendations with the Superintendent, who will submit to the School Board.
Members: (up to 15 members)
- Aaron Jacoby, Co-Chair, Director of Special Services
- Kaitlyn Michaelson, Co-Chair, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
- Joe O’Brien, Director of Technology
- Lise Waugh, District Social Media Specialist
- Alex McCormick, MHS Senior Student
- Alison Vrbova, Parent
Meeting Dates: (4-5 total meetings)
- Monday, February 8, 3 – 4:30 pm
- Monday, February 22, 6 – 7:30 pm
- Monday, March 8, 3 – 4:30 pm
- Monday, March 22, 6 – 7:30 pm
- Monday, April 12, 3 – 4:30 pm (if needed)
- There are no budget implications for the development of this policy.